A Summary of The Truth about Aneurysyms Written by Dr. Gwen Y. Reyes-Amurao, M.D.
The fountain of youth is a myth that has grown in stature and allure over the years. Man’s quest for the magic elixir of eternal youth and long-lasting beauty has been a constant preoccupation.
In the 21st century, fast-paced advancements in research and technology continue to fuel this never-ending search. Could these newest anti-aging trends give credence to the statement that 50 is the new 30?
- Skin care treatments to minimize signs of aging and anti-aging regimens are being done at a younger age, usually in the 20s, when there are no visible aging signs. The thinking behind this is that the earlier anti-aging products become part of a daily habit, the skin will be better protected from damage.
- Facial exercise programs or “nonsurgical face-lifts” are becoming popular as people look for less invasive ways to arrest wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Natural products, as against cosmetics and chemical-based products, are expected to have highest growth in the next few years. The growing awareness about the effects of chemicals has opened up the market for natural and organic products.
- Personalized skin care brands, which use algorithms from lifestyle-related data, can customize the products and regimen according to the needs and conditions of an individual customer. Mass-produced products may take a backseat to a highly-personalized, skin-type and lifestyle-specific product line.
- Pollution-protection products are also expected to catch the attention of the market, especially since these are focused on preventing premature aging and pigmentation caused by matter and gas pollution. These products will be using good bacteria, probiotics, yeasts and other fermented ingredients, which have properties that help the skin defend against the daily pollutants.
These trends and developments in the anti-aging and skincare markets reflect the many innovations that continue to offer the consumer a range of choices. Whether this redefines 50 as the new 30 is something to watch out for.